Auto Accident Recovery
Over the years, we've treated many people with auto injury symptoms in our Sacramento, CA office. Chiropractic is the optimal approach to these kinds of injuries, and some studies have shown that more than 90% of patients show improvement after a car accident when getting chiropractic.
An accident subjects you to high-speed, intense movement that it wasn't intended to handle. As a consequence of the dramatic forces you're exposed to, the ligaments, tendons, nerves, and muscles of your body can be strained, sprained, or torn during a crash. This can trigger chronic pain and disability if not treated promptly.
From our experience and success treating car accident cases, we've seen these common symptoms in our patients:
- Headaches - Almost every car accident patient in our office reports headache, and this can have a wide range of causes, depending on the type of injury you received.
- Back pain - Another common problem in men and women and particularly after a car wreck.
- Neck problems - Your cervical spine is one of the most at risk parts of your body in a car wreck, and it can very easily be injured. In point of fact, most symptoms that arise after a crash can be directly attributed to injuries of the cervical spine.
- Shoulder pain - Your shoulder can be damaged by the seat belt, the strains on your arm during a collision, or can be a secondary symptom triggered by neck injury.
- Jaw pain - Jaw problems (or TMJ pain) are still another frequent symptom we see in our Sacramento, CA clinic, and can be a challenge to diagnose. In some cases TMJ problems doesn't show up for many weeks or months after your injury.
- Radicular pain - Radicular pain can be identified by pins and needles or prickling in your arms, hands, or legs, and many car accident patients suffer from this problem.
- Vertigo or Dizziness - This is a complex symptom that can also have a variety of origins. In most patients, we find that neck trauma is the primary source of this symptom.
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome - This is another problem triggered by injury to your neck during a crash.
If you're suffering from any of these signs and symptoms after a car accident, give our office a call. It's important for you to know that you don't have to suffer! Chiropractic is a safe, successful, and non-invasive method that really works for these types of accidents.
If you've been injured fairly recently, it's essential that you seek treatment quickly. With no treatment injuries can contribute to diminished movement and the development of scar tissue, and that can lead to prolonged pain and impairment. Research studies show that early, gentle mobilization of the damaged area can speed recovery and reduce the risk of long-term problems.
Our office is conveniently located in Sacramento, CA, and we would love to help you get back on the road to recovery. Give the doctor a call now at (916) 483-8441 for an appointment.